If you have been experiencing extended grief over the loss of a loved one and are still encased in the symptoms below, this program can help.
This program addresses:
- Continued disbelief in the death of the loved one, or emotional numbness over the loss.
- Inability to accept the death.
- Feeling preoccupied with the loved one or how they died.
- Intense sorrow and emotional pain, sometimes including bitterness or anger.
- Unable to enjoy good memories about the loved one.
This program includes:
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Experiential Sessions
- The Grief Recovery Handbook - Text
- I wasn’t ready to Say Goodbye - Text
- Relaxation & Stress Reduction - Workbook
- Mindfulness for Anxiety - Workbook
- Therapy sessions with others who are also in need of a community who understands what they are going through
- Therapy Dogs in sessions except with horses
Program Cost and Duration
This program can be done as an enrichment program which is not reimbursed by insurance. To be reimbursed by insurance the program can be taken as an Outpatient Program which meets once a week for 3 hours per session, or as an Intensive Outpatient Program which meets three times a week for three hours per session.